3/26/10

Fr Sean McDonagh

I have created a shared dropbox folder for the presentations of Father Sean McDonaugh. He is a Columban Missionary priest who was stationed in Mindanao in the 1970's - 1980's. His work with the T'boli in Southern Mindanao exposed him to the impact of rainforest degradation to the socio-economic life of indigenous people. He has authored books on the environment and is a strong advocate for more eco-centric policies within the Catholic Church. He is an advocate of the New Creation Story proposed by Thomas Berry. While I do not fully agree with the evolutionary mechanism proposed by this theology, I do think that it is worth musing about. I do agree that nature seem to have anticipated the arrival of living creatures.

I put this folder because I am very much inspired by this man's work pushing us towards a more integrated view of creation rather than being anthropocentric. A lot of the stuff I used in my Worldviews presentation were taken from him. Here is an interview of him during a lobby of religious people to stop climate change in the UK.

0 comments:

Make Money

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP