8/26/08

Using Surplus Stuff

I recently went to HMR's (www.hmrphil.com) showroom along Pioneer St in Mandaluyong.  I was looking for a keyboard for my Dell D600. While I didn't find what I was looking for, I did find that they had a lot of stuff that was still useful.  They had computers, spare parts, toys, exercise machines, furniture and a lot more. And these were still in usable condition. They had Compaq laptops priced at about P15,ooo.  I also found good toys that were still in the box (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean-Maelstrom play set, a Uniqua doll from Backyardigans).  


Kudos to HMR for doing this recycling business. This means less life cycle GHG emissions,less trash for landfills, less POPs and heavy metals contaminating our water.    I also learned that they own the Save On Surplus franchise (www.saveonsurplus.net).  I will definitely support these business or perhaps even be a franchisee.  



photo from www.hmrphil.com


0 comments:

Make Money

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP